Holiday Pet Safety Tips
The holidays are an important time to keep in mind the safety of your pets. As you are preparing for the holidays please keep the following tips in mind:
Make sure you Christmas Tree is securely anchored to prevent injury. Keep your pets from drinking tree water.
Avoid tinsel as cats can eat this and become obstructed in their intestines requiring immediate medical care.
Mistletoe causes nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting in pets. It can also cause cardiovascular problems. As always keep in mind that many lilies are toxic to cats.
Never leave candles unattended.
Make sure all wires and ornaments are safely away from pets.
Do not allow your pets to ingest chocolate or anything sweetened with xylitol.
Sharing your dinner can result in gastrointestinal upset and a trip to the veterinarian.
Fireworks at New Year's may upset noise sensitive dogs.
For more information go to aspca.org